Thursday 6 January 2011

The Amazing Spiderman No.75

To kick off 2011 I thought I'd start with a classic John Romita cover from issue 75 of 'The Amazing Spiderman' from 1969. I really like this cover a lot, I love the dark colours used to reflect the tone of the imagery, I also love the way Spiderman is walking towards us but his reflection in the window is walking away. But best of all is the body lying in the middle of the floor, very intriguing... This cover also reminds us that as much bravado, heroism and violence that occupy these pages, underneath the costumes are people; people with feelings and emotions. Someone like Peter Parker is a character that readers can perhaps relate to a little better than many other superhero's and this cover helps to enforce that. Below are a few examples of some excellent panels from the issue as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment